Last week, I had a day that wasn't going so great. I was getting that feeling - you know, stressed and almost panicky.
I got up, and grabbed a few things: bottle of water, ipod with motivation, current book, journal and pen, and favourite quilt.
I am lucky enough to live a mere 20 minutes drive away from Mt Tamborine - one of the lovelier spots on our planet.
I went off to the the botanic gardens there, and just took some time to be.

I spent about two hours listening to some fantastic motivational teachings, writing in my journal and lying in the sun. It was just the tonic I needed, and I am incredibly grateful that I have the opportunity to take the time to do these things for myself.
Once I got home, I was feeling a hundred percent better. Funnily enough not half an hour later I received a phone call offering me a fabulous working opportunity, that puts me in a place I need to be to achieve my personal goals over the next 2 to 4 years.
As you can imagine I was feeling really great after that!
So when things are getting on top of you, if it's at all possible, take some time out to reflect, meditate and get grateful for what you have. I believe it's these things that change our attitudes and open doors for us.
Take the time to breathe, take the time to open your mind as well as your eyes. Look at everything as an opportunity to learn.
Love your life.

1 Friends say...:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations with your new job offer Suzie! They couldn't have asked a better person.
Stepping back and just breathing can do more for the soul than most people think. It allows us to see things from different perspectives. It gives us the opportunity to decide what to get rid of and what is working for us. Meditation and breathing excercises can help our energies revert back to 'normal' when things get out of control. Diet and 'tapping' can help as well.
You rock chicky! xox